- 3 cups greens or herbs (I love cilantro if you don't want to use classic basil)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 limes (or lemon), zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts, toasted (pepita or sunflower seeds would all work well if you're nut-free)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- dash salt + pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toast the nuts in a skillet over low heat for about 5 minutes until fragrant and take off the heat. Word of advice from someone that's experienced this more than once: keep an eye on these as they can go from toasty to charred in a matter of seconds.
- Throw all the ingredients into your food processor except for the olive oil. Give the processor a few pulses to get it going and starts to break down the ingredients.
- Drizzle olive oil in slowly and scrape down the sides as needed. If your food processor has a spout that can open, stream the olive oil in until everything is well-combined.
- Super easy, right? Enjoy!